[Tfug] CAD software that is friendly to Linux

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 10:19:32 MST 2007

--- "Eric M. Gearhart" <eric at nixwizard.net> wrote:

> "Its funny though, because knowledge gained in one
> CAD program is typically highly transferable."
>
> That's exactly what I was thinking - adapting to
> FastCAD (Linux support in v8) shouldn't be that huge
> of a leap, right?
>
> My best analogy is driving a car. Yea the shifter
> might be on the floor instead of being on the
> column, and you gotta adjust the rearview mirror for
> your height, but come on everyone knows how to drive
> a car.
>
> Also - god you guys are salty. Every time I post on
> here with some entrepreneurial zeal I get "salty old
> farts" replying. Just an observation from a young
> whippersnapper. I'll get off your lawn now mister.

<grin>  Many of us "have the T-shirt to prove it"  :>
If you want to spend your energy building a tool only
to discover *later* (as you get saltier  :> ) that
you aimed for the wrong market, that's entirely
your perogative!  We're all entitled to make our
own mistakes (and, much of the "salt" comes from
having *made* similar mistakes!  :> )

Go for it!  (just don't step on my flowers...)