[Tfug] Wifi ESSID management

Earl earljviolet at juno.com
Sat Sep 15 10:22:48 MST 2007

-- Michael Schultheiss <schultmc at cinlug.org> wrote:
Earl wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Wifi manager that works from the command line or
> a less sophisticated window manager such as TWM (a light weight GUI
> will do).  I'm looking for something that allowing me to see a list of
> available networks and choose one.

wicd (http://wicd.sf.net) is what I use.

Michael, this is so much better than the "manager" with Ubuntu.  Thank you very much for pointing it out to me.  It not only does everything I need, it does it simply.  And written in Python!

Earl

"God made man, Sam Colt made men equal."
"The fates guide him who will, him who won't they drag" Spengler