[Tfug] CAD software that is friendly to Linux

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Sat Sep 15 09:58:23 MST 2007

johngalt1 wrote:

> If you believe the Mayor, Tucson is engineering heavy. But
> his job is that of a cheerleader and selling the community.

And he won't be satisfied until his developer friends have knocked down
the last saguaro and paved over it so his car friends can sell more
cars.  ;-)

I see a lot of "call center" type businesses being promoted.  Since when
is that high tech?  As an old telecom person, I can tell you that if you
are lucky, the system being used is server based and runs VOIP.

Otherwise, there isn't a lot of high tech involved.  That gives high
tech jobs to what, a dozen IT types and the rest are part-timers with a
pleasant voice?

Sorry for the rant, I'm just getting to be a cynical old fart!

George Cohn