[Tfug] USB WLAN recommendations?

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 01:03:23 MST 2007

Yeah.  Just picked up a $30 Atheros-based PCMCIA B/G card from SWS.
Works great.  Didn't have quite the range as the internal Atheros
Mini-PCI card it replaced but for basic and home use it was very
workable.  Esp. for the price.  Part number is:

Crap, wouldn't you know it?  I seem to have LOST the damnthing!
Grrrr.  Not my week.

Anyways.  It was one of their cheapo Taiwanese, it was labeled "108"
speed class, and it dropped straight in and worked perfectly (zero
drivers or tweaking) under Ubuntu Feisty.  Price was, if I recall
right, $30 or $30.99 or something like that.

Jim