[Tfug] Defrag a disk

Earl earljviolet at juno.com
Tue Sep 11 00:21:01 MST 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table

Earl

"God made man, Sam Colt made men equal."
"The fates guide him who will, him who won't they drag" Spengler

-- "Jim March" <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:
Oh no, you can run Fat32 to...I forget exactly, but somewhere between
50 and 60gigs it loses it's mind :).  At 32gig it's fine.

You're thinking of Fat16 - the native partition for Win95 I think it
was.  Fat32 was the "extended partition type" that arrived with Win98.

I think, anyhow.

Whatever.  :)  I can tell you for sure, 32gig Fat32 works fine.  I
keep such around because I'm doing a bit of tech support as a private
sideline and deal with all sorts of critters.

Jim

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: