[Tfug] Setting [u|f]mask on a bind mount

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Sat Sep 1 14:09:38 MST 2007

Quoting Glen Pfeiffer <glen at thepfeiffers.net>:
> On 09/01/2007 01:16 PM, Brian Murphy wrote:
>> How about a fuse filter or overriding creat(2) and open(2) with
>> LD_PRELOAD?
>
> That is a new concept for me. Can you explain?

The LD_PRELOAD is easier but won't work in all cases (setuid root
programs).  There is a slide presentation here:

http://www.uberhip.com/godber/interception/html/slide_1.html

I've never looked that deep into fuse.  I was just throwing it as a wild
suggestion. :)  You might try a filesystem specific mailling list if the
function overriding isn't good enough.

Brian

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of
Arizona.