[Tfug] Bootloader Issues

Don Freeman DFreeman at pagnet.org
Wed Oct 31 17:00:31 MST 2007

When the bigger drives first came out most of the drive manufacturers
provided a utility to facilitate operation with bios' that did not directly
support them. I think it was known as a dynamic overlay. It installed on the
drive (I think in the boot loader position) and was permanent. The only way
to get rid of it was to repartition. What brand is your drive? I may have
what you need.

Don W. Freeman, P.E.
Transportation Engineer
Pima Association of Governments