[Tfug] Gmail gets IMAP

Matt Jacob matt.jacob at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 00:44:38 MST 2007

jrcresawn at gmail.com wrote:
> Is it possible to change folders from the INBOX to "[Gmail]/Sent Mail"?  I
> can't seem to enter the space without the cursor jumping to the front of the
> line as if I pressed ctrl-u.  Furthermore, it does not appear possible to use
> the ctrl-t feature to browse the folders and access it that way.

In Thunderbird, I went to Account Settings > Server Settings > Advanced
and set the IMAP server director to "[Gmail]". Then I changed the sent
folder to "Sent Mail", the drafts folder to "Drafts", and the junk
folder to "Spam".

This has worked out pretty well for me so far, with the exception of
having to rename my existing labels to, e.g., "[Gmail]/Lists-TFUG"
instead of just "Lists-TFUG" (so that they show up in Thunderbird). It
clutters up the web labels a little, but it makes things a lot nicer in
Thunderbird. Six of one, half dozen of the other?

Matt