[Tfug] A stupid Windows question that somebody...

Earl earljviolet at juno.com
Tue Oct 30 23:10:06 MST 2007

Jim, I'm not sure but I think Dell does some "creative" power supply/mother board stuff.  You might not reach the point where you have to worry about activating XP.

Earl

"God made man, Sam Colt made men equal."
"The fates guide him who will, him who won't they drag" Spengler

-- "Jim March" <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:
...will know the answer to :).

I've got a consulting client with a Dell P4, came stock with WinXP,
she's got the CD.  Her motherboard just blew up, and it's pretty much
all-in-one.

Can I shoehorn a new MB in there and expect Windows to still work in
terms of activation/registration?  Sure, I'll have to mess with
drivers for miles, but...what's the odds I can get it to work at all?

Jim

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: