[Tfug] Desktop Publishing Software

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Mon Oct 29 17:19:12 MST 2007

On 10/29/2007 04:55 PM, Earl wrote:
> -- Claude Rubinson <rubinson at u.arizona.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Yesterday, in a fit of religious fervor or insanity
>> (it can be difficult to distinguish between the two)
>> I volunteered to edit a new newsletter for my
>> church.  For some reason, the fact that I've never
>> done anything like this before and have little-to-no
>> aesthetic sense didn't give me pause.
>
> Claude, see Cliffs slowest buffalo theory.

Thanks Earl! It's been ages since I thought of this,
and I think it is a good excuse for going to Happy
Hour!

http://www.davidstuff.com/humor/buffalo.htm

[quote]
In an episode of "Cheers," Cliff Clavin the
trivia-spouting, quirky, irksome mama's boy mailman is
seated at the bar describing the buffalo theory to his
buddy, Norm Peterson, the beer loving heavyweight bar
stool sitting perpetual patron.

Cliff expounds his "Buffalo Theory" to Norm.

"Well, you see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo
can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when
the herd is hunted, it's the slowest and weakest ones
at the back that are killed first. This natural
selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the
general speed and health of the whole group keeps
improving by the regular killing of the weakest
members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate
as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know,
excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But
naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain
cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer
eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a
faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a
few beers."
[/quote]

--
Glen