[Tfug] Roaming profiles question

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Sat Oct 27 08:07:40 MST 2007

Rushd wrote:

> My question is - in this situation, where everybody has their own log in
> station, are roaming profiles needed? My understanding is that basically
> roaming profiles are used only if people log on to multiple workstations.

My understanding from the active directory class I am taking is that
roaming profiles are so that users can use multiple workstations and
when they log on, all of their profiles, programs, and icons are present
on that machine.  IE: It allows multiple users to use a machine and each
time they log on, it is customized to their settings.

Not sure why you would need it if each person has their own personal
machine.

George Cohn