[Tfug] Roaming profiles question

Rushd Rushd at ironandwood.org
Fri Oct 26 22:00:52 MST 2007

Hi,

Where I work we are having problems with roaming profiles. There are about
15 workstations and 3 laptops. Everybody logs on to their own individual
workstation/laptop, never on to anybody else's. The laptops are used by reps
that need to go out in the field and input info. All the programs they need
to use are on their laptops. It is just the files that they update. When
they leave they take a copy of the files needed and nobody is supposed to
access those files while the reps are gone. When the reps come back, they
upload the changed files into the server and everybody then has permission
to use the files. All the laptops have roaming profiles and it now takes
them about 5-10 minutes to log on to the intranet. It is also creating
problems on the server for the rest of us for some reason we don't know...

My question is - in this situation, where everybody has their own log in
station, are roaming profiles needed? My understanding is that basically
roaming profiles are used only if people log on to multiple workstations.

Rush
Tucson, AZ
www.ironandwood.org
www.Airphibian.com