[Tfug] Ubuntu upgrade

Earl earljviolet at juno.com
Mon Oct 22 17:52:12 MST 2007

>From what I gather on the Ubuntu Forums, sometimes an upgrade works and sometimes in doesn't.  In either case, make sure you back-up your home directory.

>From what I've been seeing on the forums, it might be better to wait for a while before doing an upgrade.  I'm assuming you want to go to 7.10.

Earl

"God made man, Sam Colt made men equal."
"The fates guide him who will, him who won't they drag" Spengler

-- "Don Freeman" <DFreeman at pagnet.org> wrote:
If I have an old version of Ubuntu installed on my PC, is it feasible to d/l
the newer version and simply install it over the top of the old version?
There is no data or optional packages to worry about.

Thanks

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: