[Tfug] Remapping keys [was: Re: How I attacked my computer]

Earl earljviolet at juno.com
Sat Oct 13 10:21:58 MST 2007

-- rubinson at u.arizona.edu (Claude Rubinson) wrote:
On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 04:12:16PM +0000, Earl wrote:
>>Concerning Raising and Lowering Windows in FVWM, this seems to
>>confuse the Xpenguins.  Are they also confused with Beryl/Compiz?

>Clearly this is a critical problem that we need to resolve as quickly
>as possible.  Can you describe your symptoms?  My system doesn't seem
>to exhibit any problems.

Ubuntu 7.04 running FVWM and Gnome ---

With the Gaim buddy window open and at the upper right corner of the screen (width=20%) and the chat window open in the lower right corner (width = 40%) and the 2 windows overlapping, the following things occur:
1> With FVWM, if the buddy window is raised and has focus, the penguins walk along the top of the chat window and disappear BEHIND the buddy window.  If the chat window is raised and has the focus, the same thing occurs.
2> In Gnome, with the same situation, the penguins walk along the top of the chat window and UP the buddy window no matter which window has the focus.

Earl

"God made man, Sam Colt made men equal."
"The fates guide him who will, him who won't they drag" Spengler