[Tfug] Slashdot 10 Year Anniversary Party

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Tue Oct 9 18:47:51 MST 2007

My only real contribution to Slashdot over the past 10 years was sending
Rob Malda a case of local microbrew as a thank you for running a project
announcement for Propaganda back in 1998, and the infanonamous Pancake
Ninja troll around the same time. We could hold it at IHOP instead. :)

(I can't take credit for the popular series of "Ask A Ninja" movies on
YouTube.. Thats another guy, who I don't know, but there are some
similarities. My "Pancake Ninja" trolls always began with the same
subject line... 'Perhaps you/they/whatever should ask.....A NINJA'..."
Alas, no fame and fortune for me. :) It was a fun troll, and it took on
a life of it's own after I started it, which I thought was
hilarious..People were posting similar notes in a similar style to mine
after a while. (some very good, some very offensive, unfortunately..)
And so, the legend grew.

Cheers,
Bowie