[Tfug] Fluxbox key mapping (was: How I attacked my computer)

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Tue Oct 9 18:33:14 MST 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 01:53:07PM -0700, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> On 10/09/2007 01:10 PM, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> > How do you map to the right control key?
> >
> > I know how to do mappings in Fluxbox, but not the right control key.
> >

> Got it using xev. It is "Control_R"
>
> So I added this to my keys file:
> Control_R :Lower
>
> It didn't do anything. Got any ideas?

Ctrl-[ didn't work?

I'm assuming that you figured it out from JD's other post.  But the
more fundamental issue that I was using to gently needle JD was that
Fluxbox doesn't have RaiseLower.  RaiseLower is an FVWM function that
lowers a window if it's on top of another window and raises it when
it's obscured.  It's particularly useful when you need to, e.g.,
transcribe information between overlapping windows.

Can you script Fluxbox to mimic the RaiseLower behavior?

C.