[Tfug] MS .NET source code--look but don't touch

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Fri Oct 5 13:43:12 MST 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 01:26:28PM -0700, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:

> I will consider finding another Desktop for my family to use.

Bah!  Your daughter is going to grow up weak and coddled.  Just give
her a bash shell and she'll dominate the school yard!

> but my wife really likes Gnome; she thinks it is easier than
> Windows.

It's really nice to hear things like that.  Gnome has really
concentrated on being friendly to the non-computer savvy (so much so
that it's driven away those who desire more flexibility and control).
But perhaps that investment is paying off?

Claude