[Tfug] NPR - science friday - on now - open source, google apps, MS online...

jblais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Fri Oct 5 12:47:46 MST 2007

Well -
It didn't go too much into Open Source, mostly focusing on On-Line stuff,
and some of how Micro$#&%^$ is getting in it too. Most callers supported
free Open Source, and voiced concerns about privacy and the mining of your
documets by the provider (Google, Yahoo, M$...) to see if you typed
something like "I like soda pop", and then spamming you with adds for
coke... To me, that mining is worse than just posting my documents on every
pc screen or power pole in the county!.
Joe