[Tfug] DVD-Audio in Linux

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Thu May 31 18:30:43 MST 2007

Hey all,

I just bought an album, by the Flaming Lips if you're wondering, and along
with a normal audio CD it also came with a 5.1 surround DVD-Audio version.
Great, I thought, as I have four speakers on my PC and the Ogg format also
supports more than two channels in the file.

But... I can't seem to find any information on how I might possibly play this
thing under Linux, let alone rip the contents.  Even Google turned up rather
little information, which doesn't bode well for my chances.

Does anybody here have pointers on how I might play/rip this disc in Linux?
If I could get some multi-channel oggs out of it (for playback in Linux) I'd
even consider doing the actual ripping in Windows.

For now I'll just listen to the old-school two-channel audio like some sort of
unenlightened caveman...  :)

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, UMass Amherst student
                        Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.