[Tfug] Politics, Religion, trolls and Linux

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Mon May 28 20:22:53 MST 2007

What kind of techie list is this if no one has drawn the parallel between
time in front of a tv and time in front of the comp. I mean really. Do you
really accomplish more at your computer than you do your TV? Or is the
actual amount of time wasted just more spread out so feel like less.

I have tons of stuff to waste time on, between computers, tvs, game systems
(portable or otherwise) as well as plenty of non-fiction and fiction books.
Heck half the time I am working I feel like I am wasting time because as
much as it is difficult to work, I still have plenty of time to read news
sites, follow irc messages, etc.

So I am not so sure it is the tv that makes you a boob, I think it is our
culture's lifestyle in general. Whether you live or die at the end of the
harvest is no longer an issue for us. If we want to work we can, if we don't
we don't.. There are mechanisms in place (not great mind you, but they are
there) to ensure that everyone is taken care of to at least some level of a
livable standard.

Anyways.. enough rambling.. :)

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell