[Tfug] LaTeX viewer

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon May 28 11:29:30 MST 2007

On Mon, 28 May 2007, Claude Rubinson wrote:

> On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 01:01:50PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > I don't know of any latex viewers.
>
> Only thing that can "view" LaTeX would be LyX, the pseudo-GUI LaTeX
> editor.  I've read that some people really like LyX but I can't stand
> it--seems to just add complexity--and I don't know anyone in real life
> who uses it.

I guess LyX could be considered a LaTeX viewer. LyX format is not even
LaTeX. It can import LaTeX and definitely it generates LaTeX.

I use LyX in real life :)

I have used it for thousands of hours on hundreds of projects. I have used
it to create brochures, books, websites, proposals, resumes, etc. LyX is
essential to a lot of my work as it is a great time saver and has helped
me make money. (I also have experience with writing directly in LaTeX,
DocBook, and ROFF, but LyX is more productive for me.)

  Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. Anyone available to review (quick or in detail) a BIND DNS book?