[Tfug] Creationist Museum

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Mon May 28 10:05:19 MST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jude Nelson" <judecn at gmail.com>
To: "Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 12:50 AM
Subject: [Tfug] Creationist Museum

> Okay, it's off-topic, but extremely funny.
>
> www.creationmuseum.com
>
> It seems that the political battle to inject Intelligent Design into
> public
> schools has been thwarted enough that someone put up $27 million to build
> Creationist-oriented history museum that goes so far as to depict humans
> and
> dinosaurs co-existing.  Supposedly the interior design was done by a major
> Hollywood set designer (the guy who did Jaws, I think), so at least it
> *looks* cool.  This museum is located, predictably, in Kentucky.

The part about humans and dinosaurs co-existing is amusing to me, but I
don't see reference to this at that URL.

I also don't see the intent to inject ID into public schools. A later post
by the OP refers to planning for school buses in the parking lot. Maybe they
expected church school buses.

I searched the site and found one reference to "school"
http://www.google.com/search?q=school+site%3Acreationmuseum.org

As far as the Kentucky thing goes, it sounds glib to the extent that some
could be predictably offended.

One could also say,  "This museum is located, predictably, near Cincinnati."
I don't see how that's predictable.

Did the OP see reference to this creationmuseum.com site on a blog, news
aggregator site, or on in a listserv? Please provide a URL so we can see
this in context.