[Tfug] Iceweasel and Flash

Samuel Hart sam at samhart.net
Sat May 19 07:11:50 MST 2007

On Sat, 19 May 2007, Earl wrote:

> I run iceweasel on Debian Etch. libflash0c2 and libflash-mozplugin are
> installed.  Is there anything else I need to run flash using open source?

If you're running on an x86 machine (non-64-bit) then you usually don't
even need the libflash items on your machine to view flash.
Iceweasel/Firefox have a pretty spiffy plugin installer that will just
install the proprietary flash locally in your home directory when you try
and view a flash site. In other words, Iceweasel should just "do the right
thing" when you try to view flash.

Beyond that, I personally haven't had much experience with the FLOSS flash
offerings lately, so I can't vouch for libflash personally.

----
Sam Hart - http://samhart.com/ - http://samhart.net/