[Tfug] Asberger's Symdrome

Felix Tilley fetilley at earthlink.net
Fri May 18 02:42:50 MST 2007

I saw the recent posts about Asberger's Syndrome, but I did not reply.
I am the old guy with bad legs and a cane.

I don't talk much.  You probably noticed that.  I spoke maybe 4
sentences during the social hour.

This goes back to my early childhood. I was born in New Orleans, and
spent my early years in a place called Houma, LA.  Houma is about 3 feet
above MSL.  Crawdads are everywhere.  I have spent most of my life in
California and Arizona.

I did not learn to talk until I was 4 years old.  And even that was an
accident.

When I was 4, we went over to my grandmother's house for dinner.

My dad went to the bathroom, and locked the door.

Suddenly, I developed an acute bladder pain.  I kicked the door.  Let me
in.  I gotta pee.

My dad comes out, and says why didn't you talk before?

I said up till now, things have been pretty damned good.

That is how I learned to talk.

Felix