[Tfug] Speaking of zero...

William Stott WStott at ventanamed.com
Tue May 15 09:01:07 MST 2007

The conversation was started based on a review of signed magnitude, one's and two's complement, and the differences between them all. Easy enough, right? You may call zero whatever you like... "off", "low", "none", etc...

Just like the instructor for my current class, you have generalized what I was asking clarification on. It was the instructor that said "calculation issues," and now you have added "numeric computation has issues of scale." What I was looking for was clarification from my instructor, but I was merely opening dialogue to TFUG on the subject to get feedback. Either way, two's complement fixes the "issues" regarding positive and negative values for zero so I can read about it offline.

Thanks,

William E. Stott, III ]-[ Staff Information System Engineer