[Tfug] Aspberger's Syndrome test

Bry Paula Melvin brymelvin at melvinart.com
Mon May 14 00:14:22 MST 2007

Interesting BUT that test is hardly conclusive: I scored 30 however am
definitely not autistic.

I also have some characteristics of autistic savant (rain man) I played
several musical instruments by 5 years old. Painted landscapes by 8.
 I Started leaning advanced math (slide rule/logarithms trigonometry at 6)

FWIW although I have some Characteristics of two autisic disorders That
doesn't mean I'm either or both.

My faculty advisor for my last degree (psychology) used to point out that ALL
psychological disorders exist to some degree in every person. The key word
there is degree.

It IS true that statistically many aspergers are programmers. It IS a career
where the often are successful They are also found among college professors
and dentists.

For those coming out high in this test:

check the criteria in DSM IV  most of you will find that although you have
some characteristics of Aspergers you don't have enough of them to be
diagnosed as such or you have characteristics that preclude such diagnosis,
or are not dysfunctional enough to be diagnosed as such.

Oh and if you can deal well with abstract thinking at all or are good with
mathematics aspergers is extremely unlikely.

Bryann