[Tfug] OT: Concept of zero

Stephen Hooper stephen.hooper at gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:46:40 MST 2007

On 5/10/07, Tyler Kilian <Vaca at grazeland.com> wrote:
> Actually the Maya people had a concept of a zero long before the conquest.
> In fact, some argue the Maya were the first to utilize the concept of zero
> and they certainly were among the first.  So, in conclusion, Jon Shay
> makes me want to dance.

Yeah... but were the Mayans in the U.S and/or Canada?

I really did mean what I asked (if you don't read too much into it
(like the fact that there was no U.S. or Canada before the
conquest)...)

I think the Incas had the concept of zero as well: just don't tie a knot.

I don't understand your John Shay reference.