[Tfug] [Fwd: Re: [tfug-owner at tfug.org: Re: [Fwd: [johns at fsf.org: Help research law school courses and, "intellectual property"]]]]

Felix Tilley fetilley at earthlink.net
Wed May 9 08:27:32 MST 2007

More stuff from the Ludwig von Mises School of Intellectual Property.

=====================================

FET: PS: Buy a copy of Intellectual Property in a Nutshell.

RMS:

Why do you suggest that?

I can tell from the title that the main effect of the book is to
spread the idea that the term "intellectual property" makes sense and
is a good way to think about various disparate laws.  Therefore it is
harmful, overall.  It may be accurate in what it says about details of
various laws, but that can't possibly outweigh the harm it does by
lumping them together.

Here's my description of "intellectual property" in a nutshell:

    When someone uses the term "intellectual property", he is generally
    either confused or trying to confuse others.