[Tfug] using ssh key for sudo auth?

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:25:05 MST 2007

Hi,

If I have an id_dsa public key which allows me to ssh into a server,
is there any way I can use that key to get sudo access too, without
knowing the password of the current user?

I see that there's a -a option on sudo, which says it can use info in
/etc/login.conf.  However, reading the man page and googling on
login.conf didn't enlighten me.

Alternately, what are the options to access sudo on many different
machines, where the user password is different on each machine,
without having to remember each individual password?  I know I could
disable the password requirement totally in sudoers, but that's
insecure.  i'd really rather do it by putting my passphrase-protected
key on all the servers and using that as my auth.

Thanks,
Chad