[Tfug] anyone built a media server?

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Thu May 3 16:02:50 MST 2007

Probably not what you are looking for but here is my setup:

  - SUSE 9.2 server running on cheapo PC
  - 100Gb hard drive
  - MP3 collection
  - FireFly Media Server, integrated with iTunes data
  - Soundbridge on LAN to play music
  - XBOX on WLAN to play music

The PC is under the desk in my office, so I don't hear the fan in the living
room. I leave it on 24/7 because it does some other things for my business
at the same time.

Andy