[Tfug] battery life, power management and windows vs linux

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Sat Mar 24 15:45:23 MST 2007

> What about the max write limit on flash memory?  I would think that'd
> get eaten up in a hurry for swap if it's constantly being written to.
>
> Ben

they were talking about that too.  They mentioned that there were
"industrial strength" drives that had both the speed and life to support the
thing.  I don't remember all of what they were saying

Steve.Alley at microsoft.com
Harold.Wong at microsoft.com

they mentioned kingston usb sticks.... who knows, they might last 1 week
longer before they burn out??

But then the paging that goes on doesn't need the disk to spin up when it
needs paging, it's also not on the same spindle as the drive so data access
and page access don't interfere with each other...

Joe