[Tfug] battery life, power management and windows vs linux

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Fri Mar 23 08:52:41 MST 2007

> Windows is always accessing the disk. Unlike Linux which uses the swap
> file when it runs out of hardware memory, Windows always uses the swap
> file or virtual memory.
>
> Earl

I was at a winders vista thing, the microsoft people mentioned that vista
could use a large, fast usb stick for the swap file area and improve
performance that way.  I don't know the difference in power, but my guess is
that a few chips use less than a spinning disk might.  I don't know enough
about linux to know if it could be configured in the same way.

joe