[Tfug] battery life, power management and windows vs linux

Jeremy D Rogers jdrogers at northwestern.edu
Wed Mar 21 17:52:45 MST 2007

> > Well, I finally have my shiny new thinkpad t60 and I love it. Fantastic.
> > <excuses> Unifortunately I will  need to use some windows-only optics
> > software, so unlike my last laptop, I left windows installed on it and
> > made it dual boot.</excuses>
>
> Will your software run under QEMU or WINE?

Wine: No, Zemax requires a usb hardware key (and accompanying daemon
software) to run which is not possible under wine.

Qemu: Yes, Zemax will run on Qemu, but I still need to install windows
under qemu, and the install disk for my new laptop will take a couple
more days to get here. I also have some high end usb2 camera's with
thermoelectric coolers that I don't think will even work in qemu
because they require some heap big usb bandwidth. But that won't stop
me from trying. :-)