[Tfug] Note of Passage

Stephen Hooper stephen.hooper at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 14:04:01 MST 2007

On 3/20/07, erich <erich1 at copper.net> wrote:
>     Was he related to televisian  actor Jim Backus, (also deceased), who
> played
> upper crust characters such as Thurston Howell, and was the voice of Mr
> Magoo?

Strange question....

Was he related to:

<wikipedia>
Backus is the name of several notable people:

    * A.E. Backus (1909—1990), American artist
    * Billy Backus (born 1943), former world boxing champion
    * Edward Burdette Backus (1888—1955), American Unitarian minister
and humanist
    * Edward Wellington Backus (1861—1934), American timber baron
    * Henny Backus (1911—2004), Broadway showgirl
    * Isaac Backus (1724—1806), American preacher and politician
    * Jan Backus (20th century), Vermont State senator
    * Jeff Backus (born 1977), American professional football player
</wikipedia>

In any case, I am sure he was related to someone...