[Tfug] Note of Passage

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 08:56:07 MST 2007

I was an Accounting major at the UofA in 1983 when I took intro to computers.....

Earl <earljviolet at juno.com> wrote:
Me too at the University of Minnesota. Not REALLY that long ago.

Earl
"God made man, Sam Colt made men equal."

-- keith smith  wrote:
FORTRAN using punch cards was my intro to computers class at the UofA......

Jim Secan  wrote: For all you (us) dinosaurs lurking on
this list, slashdot reports that John
W. Backus, leader of the IBM team that developed FORTRAN, has died.  As one
who writes 80-90% of his code in FORTRAN, who has been known to dream in
FORTRAN (nightmare?), and still has a FORTRAN 80-column coding pad
(somewhere), I mark his passing as that of a old friend.

Jim
*---------------------*-------------------------------*
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |

_

Keith Smith

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: