[Tfug] FW: new desktop

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Mon Mar 19 08:25:21 MST 2007

> I guess I just don't see how useful it is in most cases, but it sure does
> look cool.
>
> Maybe combine that concept for file organization with an interaction
> interface like this:
>
> http://cs.nyu.edu/~jhan/ftirtouch/
>
> Tony

Everything being iconized is difficult for me.  Software projects have
bunches of files, and when the icon is based on the extension, or type,
everything looks the same.  The gnome desktop, that shows some of the file
text in the icon is more helpful.

I remember when first using a mouse seemed odd and causes me to move my hand
from keyboard to mouse & back much more than when I was using stuff like
Wordstar.  I still like the old <ctrl-k><b>  <ctrl-k><k> persistent blocks
rather than the click & drag blocks.  It was a lot better for keyboard
macros and stuff.

Someone said the new winders word was going in a "new" direction -- more key
stroke commands -

Joe