[Tfug] Meeting Room

Brad Becker investmgmt at s91195370.onlinehome.us
Sat Mar 17 10:25:14 MST 2007

Can't believe what I'm hearing.  Joe Alwine has been a tireless member of
TCS who helps in many ways and comes here with a sincere suggestion on a
meeting place only to be accused of spamming?  Some peep's need to get
outside and off their sorry ass once in awhile and see how the real world
works.

By the way, the linux subgroup of TCS has been doing just great.  To name
just a few things ... we've demo'd a number of different distros, looked
at visualization tools, networking, grub & lilo techniques, ftp, remote
administration and ssh, MythTV, home security, XBox modding, held a few
linux install fests, heck even had a LAN following one of them.  We had a
gaming SIG, even made the papers about it.  Fragged all night long.  Would
love to see someone start that up again.  $25 student membershiops makes
it even a better bargain.

Still have concerns over cost or benefits?

Here's more - workshops, swap meets, benchmarking, fine tuning, air
cooling, water cooling, web design, overclocking, hardware/software
discussions, case mods, pc building, professional networking, newsletter,
guest speakers and raffles, listserve ideas discussions, free software for
review, and yes, even a once a year get together at the park ... WITH BEER!

If the $25 or $45/yr membership isn't worth the 12+ meetings ... plus
special meetings you can hold ... plus the other stuff described ... plus
your imagination ... then fine but please do us all a favor and STFU with
all the bitching & moaning & excuses and let people with vision and
constructive ideas handle it.

Brad Becker
Former TCS President