[Tfug] Meeting Room

Chris Niswander cn.tfug.account at bitboost.com
Fri Mar 16 18:33:25 MST 2007

At 07:45 PM 3/16/2007 GMT, "joealwine at juno.com" wrote:
>The Tucson Computer Society has a meeting room!
>Check calendar at www.aztcs.org for dates and times. Most of the time the
room is not being used. Membership is required!
>We have a projector already set up for presentations.
>We need to upgrade out Qwest DSL (256) to higher speed and install
wireless, but we will be doing this soon.
>You can bring your food and drinks (no Beer).

Funny, I recall being told that officially, I wasn't supposed
to bring any drinks but water into the TCS 'clubhouse.'
And no food.  Has this been changed recently?

>Quiet, except when Luke's is playing their music real loud.
>
>Tucson Computer Society needs more members, and members who can fill the
positons of President and Vice President to keep club in operation!

And to represent TCS to the greater community.
TFUG is famous for its diplomacy.

>Everything is already set up, just need more people with energy and desire
to keep this organization going.
>This is an opportunity to increase knowledge of Linux in the community.
>So, how many TFUGers would be willing to pay the $45.00 per year membership?

I can testify from personal experience that if people
shows up at a special interest group on a regular basis, the
TCS leadership seems to think each regular attendee is supposed to
join TCS and pay the dues regularly.

I don't think *all* the TFUG regulars want to join TCS.

>You could spend more than this at one or two of the bar meetings.

When I read this assertion, the first thing I thought was,
'This guy thinks we can spend $45 *per person* on beer
at one or two bar meetings?  How alcoholic does he think we are?'

So I propose a new group (or subgroup)
for people who can spend $45/night each at a bar.

T-DUG (Tucson Drunk Unixes Group)