[Tfug] Just a tad OT RE DST

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Fri Mar 9 16:33:09 MST 2007

I agree, I think I'm OK.  My only Solaris box doesn't talk much to the
outside world any more.  I nosed around the 'net a bit and found some
possible patches, but all were way more work/hassle than seemed
appropriate.  Maybe if Monday comes and my Solaris box starts emulating a
box of bricks I'll look harder at this.  Or maybe that's when I bite the
proverbial bullet and port it all to a Linux solution (or OS X).

But sheesh, $400 for a timezone patch?  I understand the marketing side of
this (don't like it?  upgrade to 10), but come on guys.

Jim

At 04:21 PM 3/9/2007 -0700, TR wrote:
>If you are not doing conversions form one time zone to another you should be
>fine.   Things like mail may report a send/recv. time  that is off by an
>hour, but nothing will be crashing anything.   Ig you have andy Java it
>should be 1.4.2_12 or 1.5_06 or later.

| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |