[Tfug] Just a tad OT RE DST

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Fri Mar 9 15:24:37 MST 2007

I'm running an old Solaris 7 Sun box and I'd like to make sure it's not
going to get the collywobbles come this Sunday when the rest of the country
goes all Daylight Saving on us.  I run on AZ time, which means the system
should not care, but I'm always concerned about stuff I don't know about
that might care.

My sysadmin at the Home Office nosed around, and Sun wants $400 for a "fix"
on Solaris 7 boxes.  I suspect that this should just require twiddling with
timezone files - has anyone seen anything on the 'net (or elsewhere) that
could be used to fix this on Solaris 7?  I've got my Linux boxen all ready
to go (at the bargain price of $0 each).

Jim
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |