[Tfug] BSD flavors

Stephen Hooper stephen.hooper at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 19:45:23 MST 2007

On 3/6/07, Jeremy C. Reed <reed at reedmedia.net> wrote:

> Depends. A lot of my customers use FreeBSD with Dell and various RAID.

Can you sing, "Everybody needs somebody sometimes ... "?

That you quote me without context doesn't bother me, but that you use
that to somehow imply that FreeBSD has as much commercial support as
Linux does not really support any argument you are trying to advance:
my point was exactly: "IT DEPENDS," which I believe was completely
intelligible in my posting, and completely in-line with the question
asked by the author of this thread.

Quoting from me: "I guess it depends on what you are going to use it for."

> It's not in the news yet, but Intel is allowing FreeBSD to distribute some
> firmwares for many Centrino-branded Intel PRO/Wireless devices. (This is
> in the development branch of the FreeBSD source.)

Yeah, and I am sure it is a great .NET development platform :)