[Tfug] which mail clients do people use

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Sat Mar 3 12:11:08 MST 2007

christopher floess wrote:
> The main reason I ask is because I'm debating whether of not to switch to
> one. I've been using the gmail web interface, and it has some quirky
> annoyances when you use it with opera. So I thought I would just circumvent
> those annoyances with a mail client. My main concern with this is not having
> access to my mail when
> once I download it. I spend a lot of time on computers away from
> home, and if my email is on my home computer, I won't have access to it.

Most pop3 mail clients have an option to leave mail on the server after
you download it.  I know Thunderbird and Evolution both have that option.

The only thing to watch for there is that you don't let your server
account fill up.  I accidentally did that once on my simplybits account
and mail to me started bouncing.

George Cohn