[Tfug] Looking for: IBM clicky keyboard

Stephen Hooper stephen.hooper at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 00:05:19 MST 2007

> I suspect the "A" and "X" may tell the keyboard to
> use "AT" and "XT" scan codes (they differ).  I have
> a keyboard with just such a switch.

That is probably it...

> I'll *guess* that the "S" may tell it to generate
> "Sun" style (EIA-232-D-ish) signalling -- though
> that would require a different connector, etc.

I don't think there are any Sun machines with a DIN connector for the
keyboard, and this is definitely a PC keyboard.  Thanks to your hint,
I think it may be for the  "third" scancode set mentioned here:

http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/scancodes-10.html

I am considering my curiousity sated.  Thanks man!