[Tfug] A very nice bandwidth test page...

Sean Warburton hl2addict at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 16:53:47 MST 2007

Hey, that's me! And the little download arc goes across four monitors! Wait,
is that a good thing?

1352/465 Quest DSL (done on Vista, probably faster on Ubuntu?)

P.S.: I took off the spoiler to make space for the jet engine, which is
being overnight freighted:)

On 2/26/07, Robert Hunter <hunter at tfug.org> wrote:

> > ...Just ways to tickle the numbers.. Like closing the window while the
> > bandwidth test runs. Takes cycles for your browser to paint all those
> > nice Flash animations. :)
>
> It's not too hard to imagine the segment of users these things appeal to:
> e.g., the guy with the over-clocked, liquid-cooled, LED-studded PC, with
> a great big spoiler fastened to the top of the case.
>
> Honestly, though, given the scale of network latency, I doubt that the
> eye candy should significantly impact your bandwidth test. ;-)
>
> --
> Rob

Windows Vista Ultimate
Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy) dual boot
ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (OCed to 4.12 GHz)
dual eVGA 7900 GT OCs (full x16 SLI)
1 gig DDR2 PC2-6400 (OCd to 900MHz)
custom Liquid cooling :)
four 17" CRTs (uber widescreen)