[Tfug] Need help with a complicated command line copy...

Robert Hunter hunter at tfug.org
Thu Jun 28 10:36:48 MST 2007

On 6/28/07, Paul Lemmons <paul at lemmons.name> wrote:
> I am not sure why we are getting all of the complicated solutions to
> what seems very simple. I played with this a bit and this looks like it
> works and is a very simple solution.
>
> find /source/directory -type f | xargs -i{} rsync -uptv "{}" /dest/dir

Hi, Paul. :-)  I like your solution, and also the one suggested by Brian M.

The solution I suggested was for the general case, so that if Jim wanted
to use selection criteria in addition to the mtime,  he would only need
to make the appropriate changes.

PS.  How many programmers does it take to backup a stack of old disks?  ;-)

--
Rob