[Tfug] residential broadband options

Jon bigj at flatwan.net
Thu Jun 28 08:46:43 MST 2007

Ryan Cresawn wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'll be arriving in Tucson in July and am looking into residential
> broadband options.  On the Cox website they ask for my address which I
> entered and to my surprise the only option appears to be a 256 Kbps
> High Speed Internet Lite option for $9.95 per month.  I like the price
> but I'm not sure about the Lite version.  Surprisingly I don't see any
> other options offered by Cox.  I will call them today to confirm my
> findings but hoped to learn what others know about Cox's service in
> Tucson and if there are broadband alternatives that others find more
> attractive.
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan

Qwest DSL is another option (www.qwest.net). You'll need a valid phone
number to prequalify on their website though. If you call them they
*might* be able to do it by address.

If the speeds you want/require are not available in your area and you
have a little extra cash wireless is a great alternative - check out
www.SimplyBits.com and www.DakotaCom.net.

--
Jon