[Tfug] email question

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Tue Jun 26 14:38:17 MST 2007

I take it, this is not the "mail" that comes with sendmail?

There is a "mail" on my system that appears to use sendmail.  I tried it,
it's interactive and "seemed" to work, but I got some failure notification
that localhost didn't do this and that -- basically it appeared to me it
didn't know anything about my IPS (relayhost ?).

> In /etc/postfix/main.cf, you can set relayhost to your ISP's SMTP
> server for those annoying times when outgoing port 25 is blocked:

I don't have any folder named "postfix"

> relayhost = smtp.west.cox.net
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Matt

I'll check out postfix on the web - it looks just like what I want to do.
Thanks
Joe