[Tfug] headless systems

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 07:02:12 MST 2007

> The short answer is that there's really no
> reason not to use ssh.  Even if you don't need the security features,
> ssh is basically a drop in replacement for telnet.

Yeah, I've pretty much decided to go with ssh at this point.

>  Might I suggest--and in case
> this comes across as rude, I don't mean to--that this suggests that
> you're in need of a paradigm shift?

Not taken as rude. In fact, since one of the machines will
really only be acting as a gateway, I don't really have a
need for a graphical connection, though I do think I'll
give vnc a try just for the fun of it. I've had one of my
friends interested in Linux for a while and I think that
if he had a way I could just log in and give him some
tech support, he'd get more out of it and be more likely
to stick with it. He's pretty computer savy too, so it
shouldn't turn into a full time job or anything either :)

Thanks ~ Chris

--
Q: What did the zen buddhist say to the hotdog vendor?

A: Make me one with everything ~ Dr. Jonathan Katz