[Tfug] Tfug] *Way* OT: Swamp c -- data

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Fri Jun 22 18:52:09 MST 2007

On Friday 22 June 2007 14:58, Jeremy D Rogers wrote:

> water my plants, so it was not really wasted. In any case, even with
> evaporation, that puts you at *maybe* 7-8 gallons per day.

Actually.... swamp coolers can use a significant amount of water, but in the
otherall comparison of electricity vs water usage I think it is still by far
the underdog. I found out the hard way last summer working on my house
(gutted-renovation), the water was turned off and so I had to fill the swamp
cooler with buckets periodically. With the swamp cooler running continuously,
during hot-dry days, I was filling it, 3 5-gal buckets at a time, every 1-1/2
to 2 hours.

Adrian