[Tfug] My Personal Iliad

Wayde C. Gutman waydecgutman at wbhsi.net
Wed Jun 20 21:15:50 MST 2007

That might be over-stating it a bit....

I kinda/sorta have linux running on this iMac G5, got a screen wrap
problem at the present time (the iMac G5 has ATI Radeon X600 Pro, with
RV370 chipset, by the way), and the distro that did it was Yellow Dog
5.01, go figure.

Could have probably pulled it off with Gentoo, especially with
2007.0-r1....if I had a week. Might as well build up my own kernel from
scratch.

The point is, is this: I have a burned cd of Gentoo PPC 2007.0, Gentoo
PPC 2007.0-r1, Debian-PPC 4.0 XFCE, a DVD-R of Debian PPC 4.0 "Etch", a
DVD-R of Fedora Core PPC 6, an official cd of Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Mac
version), and an oldie, Yellow Dog version 2.2 cd. Could not get
anywhere with these on this iMac, so I am getting rid of them.  If
anyone is interested in these, let me know by email and I will send it
to you. FYI: I live in the Catalina area.

-Wayde